Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Crime matinee this Sunday
Posted by the WTF? guy on 2007-12-17 8:36:12am

:Donkey Shine!!! Sure am sick of shit talk!! Like the man Craig here says, you have a better idea??!!....we are MORE THAN open to ideas and suggestions. If your idea or suggestion however, involves being a negative prick or spewing some "witty" sewage out of your shit hole.....keep it between you and your friends that think that shit's funny, cause quite frankly I'm a bit tired of the lame ass comments. I can't take you seriously, with your tough ass "brutally honest" comments over the fucking computer.....if you individuals have such an opinion of ME or US....have a fucking backbone and say that shit to ME/US!!! REALLY!! I am not that hard to track down. I encourage you to do so. Fucking internet bullies....I can't believe it's come to this!!
:
:
:It's not my show, but here's how I understand it working: Silk is a bar that is usually only open to people 18 and over (and they check id at the door).
:
:When folks do a show there Silk takes no money from the door (so all that money goes to the bands) because they make enough money off of bar sales to stay happy. Problem is nobody under 18 can get in.
:
:The Pyrate Punx folx doing this show want to be doing all ages shows all the time, but the problem is it is often hard to pay bands very well with the all ages options that currently exist in Sacramento.
:
:House shows are fun but usually have to be pretty small and you are EXTREMELY lucky if you can get half the people there to put any money in for the out of town bands. The VFW is a fun venue, but it can also be hard to get a lot of folks to show up there out in Orangevale and the hall costs $250 to rent which means less for the bands.
:
:Other than that, there aren't a whole lot of other all ages options available in town. There are a few possibilities that seem to be developing and I really encourage you to get involved in doing something that would provide a better all ages alternative and help bands get paid.
:
:The Pyrate shows that have been most successful (which means being able to pay the bands) have been Silk Bar shows. The easiest thing for the Pyrates to do would have been to just let this show be 18 and over and make it so no underage folks could attend. But, they worked hard to convince the owner of the Silk to try to do something all ages. The deal they struck with her was that they would charge an extra $2 at the door and that money would go to the club.
:
:Is it a totally great deal? Nah, not really. Is it kind of unfair that a 17 year old who doesn't drink has to pay $2 more than me -- a person (much) over 21 who also doesn't drink? I'd agree with you, that's a bit unfair.
:
: But, I'm not sure I see a better alternative at this point in Sacramento. If you've got one, please make it happen, rather than going after folks who are putting a lot of time and money into making this show happen. The idea that anybody -- particularly the folks in Pyrate Punx who are putting it on -- is getting rich off of young punks going to this show is completely laughable. Those folks have actually gone out of their way to organize this thing to be all ages and have put countless unpaid hours into making it happen.
:
:Additionally, I got to say that paying $8 for the a 9 band show headlined by Crime really doesn't seem to be such a terrible ripoff. A lot of VFW shows are $10 for 5 bands (Because they have to cover the costs of the club). In the end, you are actually paying less than you would for a show there, or a whole lot of other venues in town.
:
:But ultimately, if the arrangement that the Pyrates have worked out offends you so much, stay home. You'll miss out on a great show, and one that will hopefully be the first of many awesome and affordable all ages matinees at the Silk.
:
:Take care
:Craig
:myspace.com/sacramentopunkshows
:
:
:
:
::Its bullshit to charge someone for not drinking
::
::::Do you fucking know me??? I don't think so.....however, any time-any place you wanna meet and say some stupid shit, I'd be more than obliged to meet ya!!
::::
::::Still doing it to the kids not for the kids.
::::::Unfortunately kind sir, we do not live in some sort of Punk Rock Utopia where all businesses are owned and operated by the business savvy Punks. The venue owner has a business to run and needs to be compensated for the heads there that won't be drinking. Therefore my friend, the kids pay an extra $2 that goes directly to the owner. Quite honestly, I can't believe there is complaining over an $8 door for 9 bands....do the math and then see if you still want to complain. ALL AGES on a Sunday in Sacramento, a venue that's allowing us to do it, 9 rad bands, option for food and drink. Why are you complaining??
::::::
::::::fuck that. what a crock of shit
:::::::Haha $2 penalty for being underage
:::::::
::::::::Just a pleasant reminder: This coming Sunday, Dec. 16th, all ages daytime matinee (meaning if you stumble over at 9 p.m. you will be sorely disappointed)
::::::::Silk Bar and Cafe, 1011 Del Paso Blvd, 95815 (not too far from Arden and Del Paso, right next to a light rail stop).
::::::::Doors open at noon, music starts at 1 p.m., must end by 8 p.m.
::::::::ALL AGES, $6 over 21, $8 under 21, in addition to drinks, the Silk has a kitchen and serves food, so you can eat there. This show will be great, celebrating upstarts and old farts....
::::::::
::::::::CRIME (back on the streets)
::::::::LOU LOU AND THE GUITARFISH(kids of Crime)
::::::::THE BANANAS (Sacramento legends in pretty much everyone but their own minds in a rare local all ages show)
::::::::NO ADMISSION (teen pop-punk sensations, how do kids so young play so tight?)
::::::::THE FOUR EYES (barely disguised genius)
::::::::ISONOMY (if their drummer can make it, she just got grounded)
::::::::uncuT:Hunks (creative, in your face hardcore fronted by Mick Mucus)
::::::::NOWHERES (a big beer soaked Thunderesque f.u.)
::::::::THE DISGUSTEENS (teen punk rockers gone berzerk)
::::::::...that enough for ya?
::::::::If you want to remember how good Crime were back in 1976, go over to myspace.com/sacramentopunkshows and listen to "Hot Wire My Heart", if you want to discover how good they sound in 2007 go over to myspace.com.officialcrime and hear some stuff from their brand new lp "Exalted Masters"
:::::